Tuesday 19 November 2019

Lianta joins Team Compassion!!

Welcome Lianta-Oriana Doyle to team Compassion.

Many of you will know over the last 2-3 months both Joanna & I have been poorly. It has been an exhausting time with through the night feeds, a sudden increase in abandoned puppies/ working dogs & then beauty's sudden paralysis.

The hrs needed for the shelter increased from 5 hrs per day to clean, feed and run time to 8 hrs (just the shelter) then our other animals in my care at home. Bugsy, Finley, Pip, Shabani, Shioni, Edgar, Hank, Moses, Maggie-may, Bob, Blondie, Ezra, Maya all need time and attention then our beautiful cats (many), constant telephone calls from people who have found animals in need of help, vet trips & the stress of how I keep the shelter babies fed, warm & happy had really begun to tire me out.There are just not enough hrs in the day.. I knew I needed help and fast!

Lianta-Oriana Doyle as you may already know is a friend of mine from the U.K. Lianta married here many years ago. Lea has over the past four years since the shelter opened supported us, shared our posts, cut all the grass in and around the shelter keeping the shelter safe from Snakes & has been a constant support to me when times get tough.

Lianta has now joined me working at the shelter, today being her third day (Sun 17 Nov 2019). The dogs LOVE her and feel her positive energy!! Even the shy ones (willow, Beatrice, Gracie & Lulu) were out in the run today following her around (some from a distance) but all very interested in the 'new lady' 🥳

We have also had time to take down the last of the shade nets before it snows and Lea has started bringing in wheelbarrows of sand to the areas in need.

I cant begin to put into words how wonderful it is for me to have helping hands, a good friend. So, I ask you all to welcome lea to team compassion and thank her for 'rescuing me' in this time of need. 💐

Amanda xx

No comments:

Post a Comment